Look around at your bedroom. Has your decor been the same since 1985? Or is your decor bland, bland, and more bland? Or are you just sick of what you see? If you’re interested in updating and revitalizing your bedroom on a budget, read on. We’ve polled interior decorators to present our top five bedroom ideas.
1. Use what you have: don’t go out and buy new furniture, bedcovers, curtains, etc. Take what you already have and make it better. Reorganize your furniture. Use those old sheets to make a new set of curtains. Repaint or refinish an item of furniture to create a “new” showcase item for your bedroom.
2. Toss it out: top interior decorators noted that the number one sin they witnessed was people who were afraid to throw things out. Having too much “stuff” in too little space is a recipe for decorating disaster, because your space will look disorganized and cluttered. Your very best bedroom decor ideas will be wasted if nobody can see them.
3. Use your decorating dollars wisely: if you do decide to purchase furniture or other decor, try to use your dollars wisely by buying a single “showcase” item which your bedroom can revolve around. Visitors will have their eyes drawn to the beautiful item and won’t notice the rest of your furniture!
4. Use color: pick one or two objects or items of furniture in your room that have a color or colors that you love. Then select the rest of the colors for your bedroom based on these colors. Instead of having multiple colors vying for attention, focus on one or two.
5. Think simple: top decorators all noted that bedroom decor do-it-yourselfers tend to think too complicated, resulting in a chaotic and badly designed bedroom. Remember that it is better to do one thing well than to do a dozen things badly. The best bedroom ideas could revolve around a single color, item of decor or furniture, or theme.
Revitalizing your bedroom doesn’t have to cost a fortune. Whether you end up spending a thousand dollars or ten dollars, you can be sure to end up with a bedroom space that will delight your eyes and your senses for many years to come. Just remember that affordable bedroom decorating is simple if you listen to the experts and use our top bedroom ideas.